Having oily skin can seem like a nuisance especially if you are not sure how to deal with it. How often should I wash my face every day? Is moisturizing my skin good or bad? How much blotting paper is recommended for daily use? If these are some questions spinning in your mind, then you should consider a daily routine for oily skin. With this specific routine, you’ll never again have to worry about when to do what. In fact, you will start your day with purpose and not waste time thinking about how to treat your skin.
How to Know If I Have Oily Skin?
The first question that you may be having is whether or not you have oily skin in the first place. This can be identified if you feel that there is excess oil production on your skin. This is the complete opposite of flakiness which indicates dry skin. Now, it’s certainly possible for you to have both oily and dry skin. In fact, many people do. In that case, it’s important to use specialized products for different areas of your face. Do note that oily skin may not necessarily lead to acne although excess oil does contribute to clogging of pores which causes acne.
Morning Skincare Routine
Nighttime Skincare Routine
- Remove your make-up: This is important so as to unclog your pores and prevent the buildup of dirt.
- Use a cleanser: Similar to your morning routine, cleansing at night is important.
- Put on a sheet mask: This is optional but helps you soothe and repair damaged skin. They are great for instant hydration.
- Do an ice rub: An ice rub is good for oily skin as it reduces sebum production and inflammation.
- Apply night cream: Similar to cleansing, moisturizing at night is important to get that dewy, fresh look in the morning!