Do you use the same products for your daytime and night skincare routine? If so, you are making a big mistake! Wondering what’s the difference between the two skincare routines? Well, the former focuses on protection against the sun and other environmental pollutants, whereas the latter focuses on treating and rejuvenating the skin while you sleep. Read on to find out more!
Steps for Daytime Skincare Routine
Below are the steps you should follow for a daytime skincare routine:
- Cleanse: While you sleep, oils on your pillow can get onto your face, making it a must to cleanse. Starting the day with a blank canvas is always best!
- Tone: Once you have cleansed your face, the next step is to use a facial toner. This will remove any leftover impurities that cleansing didn’t manage to catch.
- Apply Essence and Acne Medication: Not everyone may use an essence, and that’s fine. If you do, you will know that this water-based comes with hydrating properties for the skin. If you have acne-prone skin, now is the time to apply any creams and ointments you may be using.
- Apply Eye Cream: Applying eye cream can be a preventative step to prevent fine lines and wrinkles from forming down the line. You may choose to store your eye cream in the fridge for an ultra-cooling sensation!
- Apply Moisturizer and Sunscreen: Ideally, your moisturizer and sunscreen should be a two-in-one product. You should choose one with an SPF of at least 30.
Steps for Night Skincare Routine
When it’s time to wind down for the night, below are the steps for getting your skin ready:
- Makeup Remover and Cleanser: If you wear makeup, removing it before you do anything else is essential. After that, wash your face with a gentle cleanser to remove any additional impurities or stubborn makeup.
- Exfoliate: This should take place twice a week. There’s no hard and fast rule as to whether you should exfoliate in the morning or night.
- Apply Essence and Acne Medication: Similarly, once you have a clean base with which to work with, it’s time to apply essences, serums, and acne medications.
- Apply Eye Cream: An hour before bed is the best time to apply eye cream. You may even have a thicker formula for your night eye cream. You will want to apply this before your moisturizer to prevent any potent ingredients from getting near your eye area.
- Apply Moisturizer and Mask: Did you know that your skin loses more moisture when you sleep? As such, applying moisturizer is a must. Topping it off with a night mask will give you even more benefits!
Shop Cure Aqua Gel’s Range of Skincare Products
Our range of skincare products at Cure Aqua Gel is perfect for incorporating into your daytime or night skincare routine. Because we keep our products free from harsh acids, and fragrances, you can rest assured about their gentleness on your skin!