While we can experience dry skin anywhere on our bodies, dry skin on face is often the most distressing problem as it can lead to feelings of self-consciousness. You may be wondering what’s causing your dry skin as well as how you can go about remedying it. Read on to find out the answers to both these questions!
Common Causes of Dry Skin
There are numerous reasons you may be suffering from dry skin, and there may even be two or more factors at play. Some of these may include:
- Genetics: If members of your family also suffer from dry skin, you are more likely to have it as well.
- Using Harsh or Unsuitable Products: If your skin seems to be peeling a lot more recently, be sure to check out the labels on your skincare products. Do any of them contain harsh irritants or alcohol? Alcohol-based products in particular are known for drying out the skin.
- Weather: It’s a fact that when the temperature is low, our skin starts to dry out, leaving it susceptible to damage.
- Lifestyle Habits: Have a think about your daily routine and pinpoint any lifestyle habits you practice that may be contributing to dry skin. For instance, do you take long showers in hot water?
Managing Dry Skin
You know you have dry skin: what’s next? To hydrate your skin and prevent the dryness from getting worse, below are some best practices to follow:
- Avoid Taking Hot Showers: When the water temperature is too high, this can strip your skin of the healthy oils it needs. Consider turning the temperature down or taking shorter showers in winter.
- Invest in a Humidifier: If your area sees particularly cold winters, you may want to invest in a humidifier for the benefit of your skin. Our skin relies on moisture from the environment to keep hydrated, and going without it for prolonged periods can take a toll.
- Choose the Right Skincare Products: Do the products you are currently using contain harsh chemicals or come with alcohol and/or fragrances? If so, that could be one of the reasons your skin is drying out. When you make the switch to gentle skincare products, your skin will thank you!
- Apply a Moisturizer: One quick way of saving dry skin is to apply a gentle moisturizer, day and night. When choosing a suitable product, you should look out for a lightweight moisturizer that does not clog pores.
Cure Aqua Gel Is Your One-Stop Shop for Gentle Skincare Products
Looking for gentle skincare products that will hydrate your skin without irritating it? Our online shop at Cure Aqua Gel has got everything you need. You can rest assured that all our products are water-based on top of being alcohol- and fragrance-free. When you contact us with any queries, you can hear back from one of our team members within a short turnaround time!